New Ag Opportunities
From John Deere to farmers and ranchers, the unthawing of relations with Cuba opens up a world of opportunities for American agri-business. Read this and other news related to the North American agriculture, forestry and construction industries in this week's Super Six News from Alliance Tire Americas.
- Bringing back cigars is cool but exporting equipment and commodities to Cuba really has the American ag sector and other industries very excited, as reported by USA Today.
- If you run a payroll or take a paycheck in the U.S. construction industry, take note that almost three fourths of small and medium sized construction businesses plan to give their employees pay hikes in 2015, according to the Close Brothers Business Barometer as reported by the Builders & Engineers newsletter.
- According to U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack in his latest USDA blog, $370 million has been awarded for private investment in conservation areas and a new round of grants is coming.
- Have you heard of biochar? According to the Nature journal, this soil additive made by heating biological material shows great promise for improving crop growth and cleaning contaminated water.
- Good news for Western farmers and ranchers! According to the USDA, weather forecasters are predicting a normal water supply for the West in 2015.
- John Deere has introduced a video series highlighting the advantages of data analysis for machine optimization.
We hope you find these weekly articles helpful to your business and welcome your comments on topics you would like to see covered in the "Super Six."